“Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.” – Ruth Carter Stapleton
It’s 12 : 28 PM on day 1164 of my journey towards independence and I’ve managed to pray, brush my teeth, feed myself All Bran Flakes and boiled egg for breakfast, read 2 Kings 22, publish my Disability of the Day feature, stretch my hamstrings, practice sitting up straight to strengthen my core muscles, stretch my hamstrings and hang out with my sister and brother.
As you may know I love giving and since Christmas is the season of giving I made a list of all the organizations I want to give to this Christmas. Take a look:
5 Organizations I Want to Give to This Christmas
- United Nations World Food Programme – the UN World Food Programme feeds hungry people all over the world
- Heal Africa – Heal Africa provides holistic care; including physical, spiritual and social healing for the people of the Democratic Republic of Congo (I want to give to Heal Africa because they give dignity back to the women of the DRC by repairing fistulas caused by brutal rapes and difficult births)
- Random Kid – Random Kid loans money to kids who want to raise money for their favourite causes ten percent of whatever every kid raises is ploughed back into Random Kid and used to help another kid raise money for his or her favourite organization
- Kids Caring 4 Kids – Kids Caring 4 Kids aims to raise awareness and money for AIDS orphans and other highly venerable kids in Africa and to inspire kids to care for others in need
- iTaalk Autism Foundation – iTaalk Autism Foundation provides IPads for kids who have Autism.