Always follow your first instinct – that’s what I learned today 🙂
It’s 7: 26 PM on day 425 of my journey towards independence and I’ve managed to brush my teeth, feed myself pancakes with coconut and sugar for breakfast, drink coffee by myself, prepare and publish my Disability of the Day feature, tweet about my Clean Water For All Campaign – Chrissy (@ChrissyPappas) made another donation but this time it amounted to $111.11 in celebration of the 1’s (thanks Chrissy ) if anybody out there can top that I will put up a banner of their website and link to it (unless the website contains porn or violence) on my Sponsors of my Campaign page – help my brother study for his exam –did you know they now teach marketing in fifth grade as part of Economic Management Science (EMS) a lot has changed since my fifth grade days LOL :)– feed myself a chicken nugget sandwich for lunch, work on this blog, feed myself spaghetti with sauce for dinner and brush my teeth once more.
Yesterday I received a message from Kurtiss (@kurtissl) which read in part thanks Nisha, this is a great concept, I won’t sign up b/c I have no idea how to accomplish something like this. – I had asked him if he would be willing to participate in Make A Difference Before Christmas – after I read that I realized that I should have given people ideas on how they could make a difference when I first wrote the post about Make A Difference Before Christmas (I thought about doing it but then I second guessed myself and decided against it) so to remedy that I have compiled a list of things you can do both with and without money to make a difference. Take a look:
10 Ways You Can Make a Difference Without Breaking the Bank
1. Click to give – there are websites on the World Wide Web (the one’s I visit daily are Bhookh and The Hunger Site) where all you have to do is log on and click (sponsors pay for your click).
2. Instead of “googling” when searching – use Good Search and these guys will make a donation to Spreading Joy. (Use the link above that will take you there)
3. Thank a Police Officer today (hopefully NOT while you are getting a ticket!)
4. Hold a yard sale and donate half of the proceeds
5. Baby sit for a friend/neighbor for free.
6. Serve a meal at a homeless shelter or women’s shelter
7. Mentor someone – have you started your own business? Are you an expert in a certain field? Share that talent!
8. Smile at everyone you come in contact with today.
9. Offer to let someone ahead of you in line.
10. Donate blood.
11. Give a handwritten note of encouragement.
12. Start a Gratitude Journal – leave it out for others to see as they visit you.
13. Call someone who is not feeling well and talk until you make them laugh.
14. Visit with the elderly or someone who can no longer get out as much as they’d like.
15. Give a thank you card to someone who has made a difference in your life.
16. Run errands for a new Mom (or someone that is sick)
17. Pick up trash you see as you are.
18. If you have money to spare donate to my campaign, the United Nations World Food Programme or Kids Caring 4 Kids.
(Note: In the list above 2-17 are courtesy of http://newsblaze.com/story/20101123103825toms.nb/topstory.html)
Are we connecting on Twitter? If not, say hi at http://twitter.com/Nisha360
If you’ve given to my cause or you can’t give now, please help me by sharing my cause with others. You can tweet about it like my friend Stan Faryna. This is the tweet he uses: @Nisha360 is a brave, smart young woman trying to make a better world for us all. Please help her do an amazing thing. http://bit.ly/hC7vOu
Stan’s very sweet for saying so, but feel free to write what reflects you best.
Thanks to all my friends out there who are helping me make my dream come true: to make a better world for all of us!