If you’re going to live might as well enjoy the best of life– that’s I’ve realized.
It’s 1 : 40 PM on day 2660 of my journey towards independence and I managed to pray,read Luke 2:13-14 have breakfast, and promote my 50 New Feet Campaign benefiting MiracleFeet – – A HUGE thanks to Tim Fargo , author of Alphabet Success – Keeping it Simple. My Secrets to Success and founder of Social Jukebox, and Shahrina Ramphaul who donated $250 each which brings the total raised to $6 041 only $6 459 more to raise by June 17, 2018 to help 50 kids with clubfoot.
Yesterday during a mental recap of 2017 I remembered some of the best things I’ve heard, seen and tasted some of which I’d like to share. Take a look:
Best of 2017
Best songs of 2017
Best movie of 2017
The Shack – a movie starring Sam Worthington, Olivia Spencer and Tim McGraw – it’s a moving tale of a man’s journey to faith, redemption and forgiveness of self and others I don’t cry a lot about anything but by the end of the movie both mom and I had tears running down our cheeks I LOVED the movie and would recommend it to every Christian in the world.
Best books of 2017
The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World by the 14th Dalai Lama, Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Douglas Abrams it’s a profound yet simple book about the keys to having joy and living a joyful life (I love that both His Holiness the Dalai Lama and the Archbishop Desmond Tutu emphasized that being of service and looking outward from one’s own suffering were at the core of living a joyful life (it’s so true)).
Angels on Earth: Inspiring Stories of Fate, Friendship, and the Power of Connections by Laura Schroff and Alex Tresniowski I didn’t want the book to end I LOVED it so much in it were thirty stories of kindness that quite frankly restored my faith in humanity I would recommend this book to everyone on the planet (yes, it’s that good).
Best foods of 2017
- Custard Apples – it’s a sweet fruit with a buttery texture I LOVE it
- Cookies & Cream Ice-Cream from Hagen Daz (in Cape Town) – best Ice-cream I’ve ever had
- Cinnamon Pancakes from Heavenly Pancake House (here in East London, South Africa) – – best pancakes I’ve ever had (thanks Salomie)
Best places I’ve Been To in 2017
Southern Sun The Cullinan – a huge thanks to everybody at The Cullinan for being so accommodating and friendly (my brother loved figuring out the elevators and the Nugget)
Gonubie Beach – it’s absolutely beautiful
Best Moments of 2017
- Meeting my twin nephews Jacob and Jeremy and meeting my niece Maya (I’ve known my cousins my whole life they used to read me bedtime stories and make me scrambled eggs there was something truly special about seeing them as mothers I could literally see how motherhood had transformed them a love so fierce burned in their eyes it made them more patient and slow to anger it is one of the most extraordinary things I’ve ever seen)
- Seeing my cousin Vineeth getting married (Vineeth has always been my Believer-In-Chief always trying to convince people I was capable of more than they thought I was and so seeing him get married to a very nice girl was such a special moment for me)
- Planning and executing local community projects (I will never publicly share anything I’ve seen and heard while working on my local projects but I will say it has transformed the way I look at life – all the faces I’ve seen may in time forget me but I will never forget them)
- My Superhero Catherine Constantinides flying across the country to support me Paragliding to Raise Awareness about the Western Sahara (of all the gifts I’ve received in my 26 years of life her presence was on that day was the best by showing up I heard from her actions you matter I love you and that I will always appreciate because not everybody in takes time to say sometimes so kind with their actions (thank you Superhero for literally showing up, for all the phone calls, voice notes and everything I’m crazy about your kindness you’re so busy and yet whenever I’m with you either in person or on the phone I feel like the center of the universe it’s truly so so special. I picked the right Superhero. #MySuperheroIsTheBESTEST)
- Meeting Ella Bella (nobody has taught me more about love, loyalty, teamwork and hard work than Ella has she is the friend, family member and colleague that everybody deserves (Ella you’re the bestest I love you to the moon and more than the stars thank you so much for all that you are and all that you do)
- Video-chatting with Laura Schroff, author of Angels on Earth: Inspiring Stories of Fate, Friendship, and the Power of Connections (imagine actually talking to someone whose books you been reading forever I was shocked that I was able to speak in complete sentences but Laura was so nice and normal I quickly got over my star-struckness I love her so much and her dog, Emma, is supercute so that gets her extra points (thank you Laura for making time for me and being so nice)
- Paragliding off Signal Hill – everybody thought I was a whackjob but I knew that with support I could do it and I’m so glad I did the view was EXTRAORDINARY!! “` `